ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From limbicsystem <limbicsys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to ignore missing metadata?
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2008 18:12:20 GMT

Sorry, I was confused about what was happening.  My <ivy:retrieve/> call was
failing because I had not previously called <ivy:resolve/>.  I see now that
resolve creates report XML files in the cache, which can then be used by
subsequent calls to retrieve.  Sorry for the newbie confusion.

So my question now is: what is the best way to force an initial resolve if
needed, without adding an explicit dependency retrieve -> resolve?  Resolve
can be quite slow (I guess it is verifying remote artifacts' metadata?), so
I think it should only be run when the dependencies list has changed.  I
supposed I could codify this manually in ant by comparing the timestamps of
ivy.xml vs the report files, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to
do it.

Thanks,