ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Oleg Sakharov" <karpus...@gmail.com>
Subject Configuration substitution in artifact pattern during publication.
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:54:49 GMT
Hello.

We try to use Ivy in our build process. This is really amazing product, but
unfortunately we have some troubles with it.

We publish some artifacts under certain configurations.

For instance, we have a described artifact pattern in our IvySetting.xml:

    <resolvers>
        <sftp name="remote">
            <ivy pattern="sftp://user:password@host
:port/repository/[module]/[conf]/[module]-[revision]-[branch].xml"/>
            <artifact pattern="sftp://user:password@host
:port/repository/[module]/[conf]/[artifact]-[revision]-[branch].[ext]"/>
        </sftp>
    </resolvers>

In our ivy.xml we have one configuration and only one artifact publication:

     <configurations>
        <conf name="configA" />
    </configurations>
    <publications>
        <artifact name="IvyTest" type="txt" ext="txt" conf="configA" />
    </publications>

After publication we expect that a full path name to the artifact in our
repository will be looks like
repository/IvyTest/configA/IvyTest-1.2.3.4-trunk.txt

However, we get
repository/IvyTest/default/IvyTest-1.2.3.4-trunk.txt

Question: Is it predefined behavior or not? Probably this is our mistake or
misunderstanding of Ivy configuration concept.
We look through the code and found that RepositoryResolver.publish()
contains call of getDestination() without any passing of configuration
parameter. Is it right?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards. Oleg Sakharov.