ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fernandes, Gerard" <gerard.fernan...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Publishing
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:51:17 GMT

If you're publishing to the default configuration make sure you have the
<info> element correctly configured. E.g.:

<ivy-module version="1.4"
            xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation=
                  "http://www.jayasoft.org/misc/ivy/ivy.xsd">
	<info organisation="acme" module="web" default="true"/>

Also make sure your dependency is correctly configured, e.g.:
		<dependency org="acme" name="common"
rev="latest.integration" conf="COMPILE,TEST->default,RUNTIME" />

This configuration will pull in the dependencies declared in the
"acme-common" project under the RUNTIME configuration (conf="RUNTIME")
and make them available to the current projects' COMPILE and TEST
configurations (conf="COMPILE,TEST"). This way, you'll use Ivy to
transitively manage dependencies between projects.

Finally, enable the reporting feature and check the Ivy reports:
<ivy:report conf="COMPILE,TEST" todir="ivy.report" xml="true"
outputpattern="[organisation]-[module]-[conf].[ext]"/>

If using Eclipse with IvyDE, you can also use the Ivy Console to see
detailed messages on why resolution failed.

As someone Crystal, Mayer has mentioned on this thread as well, you seem
to have a typo - "slingshot" appears to be incorrectly spelled in the
dependency section:

  slingshot project has

  <artifact name="slingshot"/>

  coyote project has

  <dependencies defaultmapping="*->default">
      <dependency org="org.acme" name="slinshot" rev="1.0"
conf="common"/>
  </dependencies>