ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Fernandes, Gerard" <gerard.fernan...@lehman.com>
Subject RE: Publishing
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:31:13 GMT

I believe the default in Ivy is to look for and publish an artifact with
the same name as the module in the ivy.xml configuration file.

If you need to publish more than one artifact, you'd have to declare
them under the <publications> element. E.g.:
	<publications>
		<artifact name="myProject" type="jar" />
		<artifact name="myProject-examples" type="jar" />
		<artifact name="myProject" type="source" ext="zip" />
		<artifact name="myProject-examples" type="source"
ext="zip" />
		<artifact name="myProject-doc" type="javadoc" ext="zip"
/>
		<artifact name="myProject-conf" type="jar" ext="zip" />
	</publications>

Then you need an <ivy:publish...> ant task in an appropriate ant target
that will pick up appropriate artifact patterns and publish them - after
your ant script has built and packaged artifacts that match the pattern
you will pick up. E.g.

		<ivy:publish
				resolver="publishedLibraries"
				pubrevision="${artifact.version}">
			<artifacts
pattern="${basedir}/${dist.dir}/[artifact].[ext]"/>
			<artifacts
pattern="${basedir}/${dist.dir}/[artifact]-examples.[ext]"/>
			<artifacts
pattern="${basedir}/${dist.dir}/[artifact]-doc.[ext]"/>
			<artifacts
pattern="${basedir}/${dist.dir}/[artifact]-conf.[ext]"/>
		</ivy:publish>

Have a look at the Apache Ivy documentation as well for more details.

Gerard