ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: problems with subant and publish
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 08:22:39 GMT
I was able to work around this problem by removing all relative paths from my build files by
adding ${basedir} in front of everything.  I think the real key was adding ${basedir} in front
of my publish artifacts pattern.  I still think this is a bug in ivy:publish task since these
tasks should be relative against ${basedir} automatically, and not the working directory at
the time ant was launched.  Correct?  Or am I understanding how Ant works incorrectly?

---
Shawn Castrianni

From: Shawn Castrianni
Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:56 AM
To: 'ivy-user@incubator.apache.org'
Subject: problems with subant and publish

It seems that my ivy build via subant does not work during for the publish target, but it
does work if I run it normally outside of subant.  I echoed the properties for when it did
work and when it didn't.  The only difference I could see was my user.dir and user.dir.ivy.instance
was different.  When running with the master build which calls subant, the user.dir is the
directory of the master build.  When running the specific build standalone (not using subant
from master build), the user.dir is the directory of the specific build.  Does this mean the
publish task is working off of user.dir when delivering the resolved ivy.xml file?  How can
I fix this?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.