ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to ignore missing metadata?
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2007 11:08:25 GMT
On Dec 28, 2007 6:04 PM, Limbic System <limbicsystem@gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a custom maven1-style repository with several years' worth of
> legacy
> artifacts from our organization.  I seem to be able to resolve artifacts
> from this repo, but my resolve/retrieve tasks always fail because there is
> no pom/ivy.xml metadata for the artifacts.  Is there a way to ask ivy to
> ignore missing metadata?  I've tried setting transitive="false" as well as
> validate="false" to no good effect.

Ivy can work with no metadata at all, and this is the default behavior. So
my guess is that in your case Ivy finds some metadata but doesn't like it.
Could you provide more details on the error you get and on your settings?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/