ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Crystal, Mayer" <mayer.crys...@gs.com>
Subject RE: Question about revision conflicts during resolve/retrieve
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 18:15:58 GMT
Does the new(er) version of ivy now support a publish which will replace
all non-specific versions in the module file with specific versions
(i.e. 1.+ -> 1.3.2 when it is published)?

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:42 PM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question about revision conflicts during resolve/retrieve

On Dec 10, 2007 1:02 PM, Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-user@nmhq.net> wrote:

> On Thu 2007-12-06 at 10:49h, Jim Adams wrote on ivy-user:
> > We call this the "Polygon of Death". There will be a conflict
> > manager in the beta called LatestCompatibleConflictManager which
> > will handle this case.
>
> I wonder whether an EarliestCompatibleConflictManager wouldn't be
> (even) more useful? It would have the property to yield reproducible
> results when newer versions are added to the repository.

For build reproducibility we rather recommend to fix revisions when
publishing your module, but it would be interesting (at least people not
following this recommendation), so feel free to open an issue.

Xavier

--
Xavier Hanin - Independent Java Consultant http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/ http://www.xoocode.org/