ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sharing ivyconf.xml
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 13:58:38 GMT
We don't use dynamic dependencies either, on the grounds that it isn't
deterministic.

We do version our ivysettings.xml, and the in-house tool that we use that
keeps all the information in a database I was on about tells  us which
version to use (well actually, it tells the ant build file what version to
use).

Ah.... Now I see what you mean... If A was build with ivy settings 1.1 and B
was built with ivy setting 2.3... and B depends on A. It actually doesn't
matter as each is built in their own right and the resolution will be
deterministic, because the ivysettings.xml tells you what it does.

I think the thing to remember is that the tool we use provides a higher
level meta data that is then injected into the ivy.xml files. If you are
really interested in exactly how we do it, I'll blog it.

--
Regards,
John Gill