ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: Deploying a Project(s)
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2007 07:57:41 GMT
Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> Roger Kapsi wrote:
>
>> And I want to tell Ivy or rather Ant to give me C and all its
>> dependencies. In other words I want to get C.jar, B.jar, A.jar and all
>> the other external Jars. Hope somebody can give me a hint how to do
>> that or am I on the wrong track with Ivy?
>
> There may be a cleaner way, but here's what I do:
<snip>

So it turns out that all of that copying isn't actually necessary.  Now
that I understand more about how inter-project dependencies work I see
the obvious way.  Just define a new project that depends on
all of the subprojects and in that project call resolve/retrieve and
let the transitive dependency resolution work it's magic.  Use
configurations as necessary to separate the dependencies into groups
and use <exclude> if necessary in the aggregate project to avoid copying
things that might get pulled in transitively that you really don't want.

The aggregate project would probably also want to use <ivy:buildlist> to
build a list of the subprojects so you can build/publish each of them
in the correct order before doing the resolve/retrieve and whatever
packaging /deploying you want to do.

TTYL,

--
Phillip Rhodes