ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <mindcr...@cpphacker.co.uk>
Subject Re: Ivy "very first tutorial" doesn't work
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:02:55 GMT
Steve Appling wrote:
> To clarify - the 2.0-alpha-2 build doesn't work with the starting
> tutorials (either the one on the web site or at svn head).  You need to
> build ivy from the svn head and put the ivy.jar in your ant/lib
> directory.  Then you can try the tutorials.

Thanks guys, that worked.

Just a thought, but would it maybe be a good idea to mention something
on that webpage about this issue? I wonder how many people might try
that tutorial, see it bomb, and just decide "f%!@ this, Ivy is crap, I'm
sticking with Maven (or whatever)?"  It's pretty frustrating as an
end-user if you're trying to get started with a new product and your
very first interaction with it is unsuccessful.

Thanks,

--
Phillip Rhodes
Chief Architect - OpenQabal