ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Sharing ivyconf.xml
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:51:21 GMT
On Tue 2007-12-11 at 22:18h, John Gill wrote on ivy-user:
> Hm, you could have a point! Transitively it might matter, I'm just
> not sure (now).

My current conclusion is: One can't (well, shouldn't) make changes to
the ivyconf.xml in the middle of the history of a module with the
intended result of having a different resolution & retrieval process
applied for the later versions of the module than for the earlier
versions. Then in the absence of such changes, it follows that there's
no point in having Ivy dependencies on the relevant settings. *If*
there are changes to such settings, then they need to be considered as
occurring on a different, higher-level time axis than the module
versioning history Ivy is doing dependency management on. I basically
started this thread to get a confirmation that this reasoning is
correct.

-- Niklas Matthies