ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-u...@nmhq.net>
Subject Re: Sharing ivyconf.xml
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:18:08 GMT
:
> > You appear to be saying that different versions of a project could
> > indeed require different (historic) versions of ivyconf.xml. I'm
> > wondering what kind of changes to ivyconf.xml you're thinking of.
>
> A change of default conflict manager, default latest strategy,
> triggers, ... Or a change of syntax or the use of new features
> following an upgrade to a new Ivy version: 3.0, or 4.0, I don't
> know, I'm speaking about reproducibility over a very long period of
> time, and your whole build system should be versioned (including the
> tools you use like Ant and Ivy, the JDK, and maybe even the OS).

Ok, I was (or meant to be) talking about versioning in the context of
Ivy module versioning. In the context of build reproducability at the
level you're talking about, you'd in particular have to version the
whole module repository itself to make sure to get reproducable
resolution results.

-- Niklas Matthies