ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Sharing ivyconf.xml
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:41:39 GMT

Quoting Niklas Matthies <ml_ivy-user@nmhq.net>:

> I agree (in theory ;)). But that's not really my point. My point is
> that you can't (practically, reliably) have Ivy dependencies from
> module revisions onto shared Ivy settings.
> Because the purpose, or
> at least one major purpose, of the Ivy settings is to define the
> resolution process across available revisions (in particular in the
> light of dynamic dependencies and non-strict conflict resolution).

If I understand it correctly, isn't this resolution process only
involved when the module is having its dependencies resolved for the
first time, prior to publish?  Once it's published, the dependencies
are fixed in the published version of ivy.xml, which is anchored by a
versioned repository. So when this module A participates in the
resolution process of another module B, the original ivy settings
under which A was resolved shouldn't matter at all.

...right?  (argh this thing makes my head hurt. :-) )

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue