ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Sharing ivyconf.xml
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 17:08:34 GMT
On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 01:50:47PM +0100, Niklas Matthies wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In a multi-project enterprise setting, what is the best way to share a
> common ivyconf.xml between projects? We're thinking of placing the
> ivyconf.xml somewhere in a shared file system, and have each project's
> build file reference that location (file path or URL). Does anyone
> have experience with this? Is it the usual way to handle things?

We have our common ant build library script, ivy settings, and a couple of other
things kept under a dedicated module, and publish them as artifacts just
like others. Then they can be retrieved into other projects - using
targets provided in the ant script.

Of course, a new developer would have to manually copy those into his
project to "bootstrap". But that only needs to be done once.

Cheers.
--
Jing Xue