ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Tutorial
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2007 16:56:15 GMT
On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 03:23:57PM +0100, Niklas Matthies wrote:

> I have one suggestion for the tutorials, or the documentation in
> general. The text is very wide (long lines) on many pages, because
> of wide example output or configuration text on these pages. Overly
> long lines make it cumbersome to read the normal text. I would suggest
> to limit the blocks of normal text to some reasonable width (something
> like 40-50em).

In my Firefox (both Linux and Windows), most pages with example output (or
any pre-formatted text) seem to be about 1024px wide, i.e., a browser
window smaller than that will start having the horizontal scroll bar
shown.

That's not terribly hard to read for me. On the other hand, forcing the
example output or code samples to wrap might cause some confusion,
especially among those who are trying to get started.

My 2 cents.
--
Jing Xue