ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" <rambiusparkisan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ivy 2.0 + common-vfs + webdav
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 04:41:18 GMT
Hello Xavier,

http://www.nabble.com/-VFS--RE%3A--GUMP%40vmgump-%3A-Project-ivy-%28in-module-ivy%29-failed-tf3950795.html#a11221003

> As you see work has already been done to identify
> the problem and discuss
> with commons vfs team.
>
> Maybe we should add something to our release notes
> and vfs resolver to make
> sure people using commons-vfs and webdav can find an
> easier path to get it
> working with Ivy 2.0.
This is one way to go.

However, I just tried to compile commons-vfs with
httpclient 3.0. The result is the following:

-) commons-vfs from trunk compiles with httpclient
3.0.
-) commons-vfs tag 1.0 does *not* compile with
httpclient 3.0.

I am sort of new to commons maven-based built system
and I would be very grateful if you verify the above
statements. The steps which I did for building are the
following:

for vfs-trunk:
1) svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/trunk/
vfs-trunk
2) cd vfs-trunk
3) Open sandbox/pom.xml and change httpclient's
version to 3.0
4) Delete ~/.m2 directory
5) cd core
6) mvn install -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true
7) cd ../sandbox
8) mvn compile

It should compile fine

for vfs-1.0
1) svn co
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/vfs/tags/vfs-1.0/
2) cd vfs-1.0
3) Open sandbox/pom.xml and change httpclient's
version to 3.0
4) Delete ~/.m2 directory
5) cd core
6) mvn install -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true
7) cd ../sandbox
8) mvn compile

The last step should throw the following exception

C:\install\apache\commons\vfs\vfs-1.0\sandbox\src\main\java\org\apache\commons\vfs\provider\webdav\WebdavConnectionManag
er.java:[25,7]
org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.webdav.WebdavConnectionManager
is not abstract and does not override abstract method
setParams(org.apache.commons.httpclient.params.HttpConnectionManagerParams)
in org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnectionManager

If you can verify that we can built commons-vfs with
httpclient 3.0 can we simply upgrade to a nightly
build of commons-vfs from the trunk?

I only compiled sandbox for simplicity, I am going to
run the the unit tests as well. Then I am going to
submit an issue to commons jira asking about upgrading
the version of httpclient to 3.0 in pom.xml. Also in
my  job our usage of ivy will give pretty much testing
on how commons-vfs behaves with httpclient 3.0.

Regards
Rambius

Tangra Mega Rock: http://www.radiotangra.com/

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs