ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jim Adams" <Jim.Ad...@sas.com>
Subject RE: Help with multi projects
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:17:10 GMT
Try using BuildList to run Ant with. That will order each build by dependencies. Then you just
let Ivy download your first file from the repo when you build the second project.

________________________________

From: jpyork [mailto:jp_york@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sat 11/24/2007 9:08 AM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help with multi projects

jpyork wrote:

> I have a ant script that uses Ivy that works fine to create a jar file,
> but I know have a 2nd project that needs that jar file.  The problem I am
> having is that the they are both part of a bigger script so every time I
> run it the jar file is new and needs a new version, but I can't get the
> 2nd project to find the jar file that is created in the first project.
>
> Any help, I have tried to use the publish target, but can't seem to get
> that to work.

The two replies I have had do not help me, any ideas.

Here is the example.

Project 1 when all is done ends up spitting out a Jar file in say
C:\test\example.Jar

I want Project 2 to be able to find that jar and everytime I run this
program example.jar will have a version number added and increased, but then
I need Project 2 to find it.

This is the page I am trying to use to help me with this issue:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/tutorial/multi-project.html