ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: retrieving 'profiled' m2 artifacts
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:09:43 GMT
On Nov 21, 2007 1:25 PM, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:
>

> > Damned, is it yet another trick in maven 2? The problem here is not much
> the
> > use of profiles, but that in the profile a plugin is configured to
> publish
> > an artifact with a specific classifier:
> > <plugin>
> > <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> > <artifactId>maven-jar-plugin</artifactId>
> >     <executions>
> >     <execution>
> >     <configuration>
> > <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
> > </configuration>
> >     <goals>
> > <goal>jar</goal>
> > </goals>
> > </execution>
> > </executions>
> > </plugin>
> >
> > I don't even know if depending on this module with no classifier works
> in
> > maven based on the profile information, but we support maven classifiers
> in
> > Ivy trunk version, at least when they are expressed in the pom:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVY-418
>
> ok, I will have a look
>

> > But here we could know testng is publishing a classifier artifact based
> on
> > the maven-jar-plugin details. But I don't know if it's something maven
> does
> > or not, and if it's standard or not. So for the moment if you want to
> > declare a dependency on testng I would do something similar to what is
> > internally generated by Ivy when converting a pom with a dependency
> like:
> >
> > <dependency>
> > <groupId>org.testng</groupId>
> > <artifactId>testng</artifactId>
> > <version>5.7</version>
> > <classifier>jdk15</classifier>
> > </dependency>
>
> that's all I need! Is there going to be a beta soon, or do I need to
> build everything myself ?

Good question... I'd love to see a beta soon, but we (the community) haven't
reviewed all tutorials yet, and I think releasing a beta with outdated and
broken tutorials is not a good idea. I hope I'll have some time soon to
continue working on this, maybe in the plane (I should be travelling to US
on friday).
So I suggest building yourself for the moment, it's really simple, follow
the instructions here:
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/dev.html

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/