ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy IDE Plugins
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 18:43:04 GMT
On Nov 9, 2007 10:00 AM, Fernandes, Gerard <gerard.fernandes@lehman.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> First off, thanks for giving the Java world a great tool!
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. Are there any plans to bring the IvyDE plugin in-line with the
> features Ivy exposes via Ant? E.g. Setting libraries to "useorigin"
> instead of using the cache and overriding the cache location?

For overriding the cache location you just have to  set it in your settings
(maybe a custom settings per project), and it should work. For supporting
useorigin, I don't remember if it has been implemented or not, but it
shouldn't be very difficult. Open an issue if you don't see already one and
if it isn't working, and maybe someone will provide a patch :-)

> 2. Are there any plans to release Ivy plugins for other IDEs like
> Netbeans and IntelliJ Idea?

At the beginning the IvyDE  project was aimed at addressing any IDE, not
only eclipse. But since it's already difficult to find people to develop the
tools for one IDE, I think we are still far from being ready to develop
other plugins. But the community may address the need.

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/
http://www.xoocode.org/