ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Repository
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:21:29 GMT
On 11/8/07, Ben Hale <nebhale@nebhale.com> wrote:

> Is there any documentation for creating a custom repository type?  If
> so, where might I find it?

Unfortunately there is no such documentation, but we are here to help :-)

As a first step I suggest giving a look at how some repositories are
implemented. The file repository is a good start:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ivy/core/trunk/src/java/org/apache/ivy/plugins/repository/file/FileRepository.java

If you need something very specific, you might even want to write a custom
dependency resolver. This can be more complex, but you can handle very
specific cases with this approach. Maybe if you tell us more about what you
wan't to do we could guide you in the right direction?

Xavier

Ben Hale

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/