ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <>
Subject Re: how to include all dependencies when publishing?
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2007 00:03:01 GMT
On 11/1/07, dukehoops <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have MyService module that has several dependencies. I would like to
> auto-include all dependencies when MyService is published. How can I do
> that
> (in ivy.xml or in ant publish task)?
> In more detail:
> MyService depends on spring.jar and produces MyService.jar
> There will be another project MyWebApp that will depend on MyService. I
> don't want MyWebApp to have to specify the contents of MyService and its'
> dependencies. So I'd like retrieval of MyService to d/l both spring.jarand
> MyService.jar. Thus, it seems, I need MyService to publish spring.jar.

No, this is what transitive dependencies resolution is all about. If
MyWebApp uses Ivy to resolve its dependency on MyService, and if MyService
declares to depend on spring, you will get what you want, no need to say
that MyService publishes spring.jar.

However, instead of saying (in MyService's ivy.xml) 'publish artifact