ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From VinayKumar <vinay.ku...@semanticbits.com>
Subject Re: Porblem with gettting SNAPSHOT version of artifact from maven repository
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:21:56 GMT

First of all thanks a lot for replying.

Here is the ivyconf.xml

<ivyconf>

  <conf name="caaers" defaultResolver="caaersR"/>

  <resolvers>

      <chain name="caaersR">
      <ibiblio name="ours"
root="http://download.bioinformatics.northwestern.edu/maven2/"
m2compatible="true" usepoms="true"/>
            <ibiblio name="ibiblio" />
     </chain>

  </resolvers>
   <modules>
           <module organisation="semanticbits" name="bootstrap"
resolver="caaersR" />
   </modules>

</ivyconf>

And here is the ivy.xml

<ivy-module version="1.0">

    <info organisation="semanticbits" module="bootstrap"/>

    <dependencies>

        <dependency org="gov.nih.nci.cabig.ctms" name="ctms-commons-core"
rev="0.6-SNAPSHOT" />
             </dependencies>

</ivy-module>

Now the problem is that there is no jar named as
ctms-common-core-0.6-SNAPSHOT.jar 'cause maven keeps the snapshots in a
different manner using timestamps. So in my opinion there should be a way to
tell to IVY that this is SNAPSHOT version from maven repository. And it
should not look for exact rev rather than resolve it using a different logic
if this artifact is SNAPSHOT.

You can give it a try yourself as the configured repository is public
repository. As a matter of fact I will appreciate if you can look at the
following URL and see how maven store this artifact.

http://download.bioinformatics.northwestern.edu/maven2/gov/nih/nci/cabig/ctms/ctms-commons-core/0.6-SNAPSHOT/

Once again, I will appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
Vinay Kumar