ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jpyork <jp_y...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Help with multi projects
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2007 14:08:13 GMT

jpyork wrote:

> I have a ant script that uses Ivy that works fine to create a jar file,
> but I know have a 2nd project that needs that jar file.  The problem I am
> having is that the they are both part of a bigger script so every time I
> run it the jar file is new and needs a new version, but I can't get the
> 2nd project to find the jar file that is created in the first project.
>
> Any help, I have tried to use the publish target, but can't seem to get
> that to work.

The two replies I have had do not help me, any ideas.

Here is the example.

Project 1 when all is done ends up spitting out a Jar file in say
C:\test\example.Jar

I want Project 2 to be able to find that jar and everytime I run this
program example.jar will have a version number added and increased, but then
I need Project 2 to find it.

This is the page I am trying to use to help me with this issue:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/trunk/tutorial/multi-project.html