ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From jonathan doklovic <jdoklo...@ibsys.com>
Subject Install into shared if found in public?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:36:17 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible or recommended, but here's what I'd
like to do:

setup an ivysettings file that's shared by my development team which
defines public repos and our shared enterprise repo.

When the developer adds a dependency to the ivy.xml file for their
project and tries to run the compile task, I want to tell ivy to resolve
the dependencies using the shared repo first, if not found in there,
look in the public repo, and if found in the public repo, retrieve it,
publish it to the shared repo, and continue compiling.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

- Jonathan