ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Buck, Robert" <rb...@verisign.com>
Subject RE: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:40:59 GMT
Hi Maarten,

The one additional reason for IVY-399 is the publication of build
artifacts should not pollute the resolution results for third party
artifacts. Put another way, one ought to be able to have a local cache
of artifacts resolved from an IVREP, and have a workspace local
repository that is for resolved build artifacts only. So a simple split
would only partly solve the problem -- at least for those of us at
VeriSign.

But I do agree with the concept of splitting out the meta-data. Having
it in a cache is a bad idea.

/Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Maarten Coene [mailto:maarten_coene@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:56 PM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve
(ivy 1.4)

Another solution which will be probably easier to implement than IVY-399
is to split the cache in 2: 1 cache for the downloaded data and 1 cache
for the resolution results. If we make the location of both caches
configurable by properties (e.g. ivy.cache and ivy.metadata.cache) you
can easily configure ivy for instance to put the metadata.cache in a
subdirectory of your project so you don't have conflicts when resolving
multiple projects at the same time.

--
Maarten