ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Scott Goldstein <sgoldst...@apache.org>
Subject Need Suggestions for Resolution Problem
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:41:49 GMT
In my environment, I have an ivy file set up to depend on the latest.integration version of
a module.  This module is generally published to a file server repository within a folder
denoted by a nightly build number.  Naturally, each night there is a new build with a higher
build number, so the latest version is always taken.

  What I'd like to do, is allow a developer to build the required module on his/her machine
and publish to a local repository.  This built version would then "override" the version on
the file server.

  To do this, I've created a local repository definiteion and put it first in the repository
chain.  The problem that occurs, is that the build number of the module on the file server
is higher than the number used in the local repository, so the one on the file server is used
instead.

  So, I suppose the ultimate problem here is that the nightly build numbers on the file server
continue to increase.  How can I publish to the local repository such that it always ovverides
that of the file server?  One solution, is to have this bulid number be available on the dev
machines through some sort of file populated by the nightly build system.  This isn't ideal.
 I think ideally, I would want the resolution to take a matching module in the first repository
it finds, rather than looking through all repositories and comparing "revisions" before it
take the latest revision.

  Is this possible?

  If not, anyone have any other ideas?

  Thanks.