ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ordering of ivy:cachepath
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 18:28:45 GMT
On 10/31/07, Andy Piper <andyp@bea.com> wrote:

> At 10:33 31/10/2007, Gilles Scokart wrote:
> >Reading that, I initially thought that only make a difference if B
> >is reimplementing a class already defined in D or E
> >(probably not a good idea, but...).
> >In that case when I run A I would prefer to use the implementation
> >of B rather than the one of D or E.
> >
> >Now, I guess that if you are asking that, that's because in OSGi the
> >modules are loaded in the order in which they
> >appear.  So, D and E must be loaded before.  Am I right?
>
> Correct, because package resolution happens in the order that bundles
> are loaded.
>
> >Note that buildlist will order the module as you are asking.  But
> >can't probably use that to solve your problem.

buildlist is supposed to work only on local modules, in your case I think
the easiest thing to do is to:
- open a JIRA issue asking to add an 'order' attribute on the cachepath and
cachefileset tasks, with order="dependerFirst" being the default,
order="dependeeFirst" being what you want (if my english is correct)
- patch the IvyCacheTask to implement that: it should be very
straightforward, all you have to do is reverse a collection if
order=="dependeeFirst". Patch also the documentation and IvyCachePathTest to
add a unit test for that, attach the patch to the JIRA issue and with all of
that you can be pretty sure one of us will include this patch very soon :-)

Yeah, I've been trying that. One problem is that it doesn't support a
> configuration, so doesn't give me precisely the right set. The other
> problem is that dependencies declared as:
>
>       <dependency org="com.bea.core" name="i18n" rev="1.3.0.0"
> transitive="false"/>
>
> seem to get ignored, Not sure why. So it doesn't look like its going
> to fix things for me :(

When is it ignored? in buildlist? Or during dependency resolution?

Xavier

andy

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/