ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IvyDE build failure when running resolve
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 07:28:04 GMT
On 10/26/07, Joris wijlens <joriswijlens@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to nose around in the source code of ivyde. But
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/downloads/latest/ is not reachable this causes
> the
> resolve task to fail I think. Is this being fixed or is there a
> workaround?

Indeed, we have to fix this... As a workaround, I suggest you checkout Ivy
itself and run "ant publish-local". And to develop IvyDE you will need IvyDE
installed (we should do something about that, and support development
without IvyDE as we did for Ivy), I suggest using a recent version, for
instance the more recent you will find here:
http://www.xoocode.org/downloads/tools/

This is not an official version, but for development it should be ok.

Is there any documentation about how to get started?

Nope, sorry about that. You can find pretty good documentation about eclipse
plugin development on the net, a good starting point is the plugin.xml which
let you start another eclipse instance in debug mode with IvyDE. IvyDE code
is not very complex, the main part is the classpath container code located
in the IvyClasspathContainer class.

HTH,

Xavier

--