ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error parsing a Maven2 POM
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 06:12:49 GMT
On 10/17/07, Kito D. Mann <kmann@virtua.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following error when resolving a dependency from JBoss'
> Maven2 repository:
>
> inconsistent module descriptor file found in
> '
> http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/richfaces/ui/3.1.1-GA/ui-3.1.1-GA.po
> m': bad revision: expected='3.1.1-GA' found='SNAPSHOT';
>
> This is with IvyDE 1.2 (in MyEclipse 5.5.1 on Windows XP).
>
> From other posts, this may be because Ivy 1.4x doesn't have full support
> for
> Maven POMs, and this POM has a parent node:
>
>         <parent>
>                 <artifactId>root</artifactId>
>                 <groupId>org.richfaces</groupId>
>                 <version>3.1.1-GA</version>
>         </parent>
>

> (The full POM is here:
>
> http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/richfaces/ui/3.1.1-GA/ui-3.1.1-GA.pom
> .)
>
> Am I on the right track, or am I missing something?

Indeed the support of maven 2 poms in 1.4 suffers from a lot of
incompatibilities which have been fixed in trunk. For this one I'm not sure
if it has already been reported, and I'm not even sure if it's a correct pom
or not. I thought the pom revision was a mandatory information, and this one
is missing this information. And since it's so difficult to know exactly the
rules driving poms, I guess in this case we will have to assert this pom is
correct, and thus consider that a pom may not have revision information if
it has a parent pom with revision information (as it is the case in this
pom).

Could you check if you have the same problem with 2.0 alpha 2, and if so
open a JIRA issue?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/