ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Extremely Slow to Resolve
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 06:33:18 GMT
On 10/15/07, Kito D. Mann <kmann@virtua.com> wrote:

> Do you mean that you're switching from Ivy to Maven, or from the Ivy
> repository to a Maven repository?

I think Gilles (Ivy committer) says we (Ivy) are switching to maven 2
repository as default public repository in Ivy because IvyRep is not
maintained anymore, and maven 2 repository is growing every day and thus
much more up to date. Maybe in the future if Ivy gains enough traction we
could provide ivy metadata in maven 2 repository for modules where maven 2
format is too limited, but for now using maven 2 repository is pretty good
to start with. What I do personnally in projects where I need a public
repository and not an enterprise one is setup a chain starting with a small
maven 2 repository containing only modules missing from maven 2 public repo,
and some metadata fixes, and then using straight maven 2 repository. With
current Ivy version it works pretty well and it's really nice to have so
many modules available, most of the time with source and javadoc, it's a
real pleasure with current trunk version of IvyDE.

Xavier