ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 06:13:53 GMT
On 10/10/07, Maarten Coene <maarten_coene@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another solution which will be probably easier to implement than IVY-399
> is to split the cache in 2: 1 cache for the downloaded data and 1 cache for
> the resolution results. If we make the location of both caches configurable
> by properties (e.g. ivy.cache and ivy.metadata.cache) you can easily
> configure ivy for instance to put the metadata.cache in a subdirectory of
> your project so you don't have conflicts when resolving multiple projects at
> the same time.

It's a good idea, but it is a partial solution though: if you have two
process doing a resolve at the same time and trying to download the same
artifact in the repository cache at the same time, you will be in trouble.
We should deal with that if we really want to make the repository cache
shareable.

Xavier

--

http://xhab.blogspot.com/