ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with cache resolution
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 06:53:49 GMT
On 10/6/07, Andy Piper <andyp@bea.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We are having problems with ivy picking up jars from the cache when
> they don't exist or when they are older than the jars being built.
> Our only option seems to be to blow away the cache and start again.
> Are there known problems in this area (I know about the flag for
> checking for updates to the ivy files)? We have tried useOrigin but
> that causes other failures. Are there known issues with useOrigin?

I have had some issues when using changing revisions with 2.0.0 alpha 2, but
haven't isolated them for the moment. This may be related to what happens to
you. But in my case it isn't systematic. For the useOrigin feature, I'm not
aware of any problem with 2.0.0 alpha 2 in this area, but maybe others could
comment? Or maybe you could raise an issue in JIRA with some more details?
Same for bad jars picked up from the cache, describe your situation and your
ivy settings, and we'll see how this issue can be fixed.

Xavier

ivy 2.0 alpha2

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/