ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Ordering of ivy:cachepath
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:47:24 GMT
At 10:33 31/10/2007, Gilles Scokart wrote:
>Reading that, I initially thought that only make a difference if B
>is reimplementing a class already defined in D or E
>(probably not a good idea, but...).
>In that case when I run A I would prefer to use the implementation
>of B rather than the one of D or E.
>
>Now, I guess that if you are asking that, that's because in OSGi the
>modules are loaded in the order in which they
>appear.  So, D and E must be loaded before.  Am I right?

Correct, because package resolution happens in the order that bundles
are loaded.

>Note that buildlist will order the module as you are asking.  But
>can't probably use that to solve your problem.

Yeah, I've been trying that. One problem is that it doesn't support a
configuration, so doesn't give me precisely the right set. The other
problem is that dependencies declared as:

      <dependency org="com.bea.core" name="i18n" rev="1.3.0.0"
transitive="false"/>

seem to get ignored, Not sure why. So it doesn't look like its going
to fix things for me :(

andy