ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Ordering of ivy:cachepath
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:07:05 GMT
I am using ivy to run tests involving OSGi bundles. In OSGi the
ordering of bundles is important at resolution time so I am using the
following:

<ivy:cachepath conf="bundles" pathid="bundles.path.id"/>

to generate a list of bundles in dependency order. This works ok, but
I have this problem where the dependencies are ordered *after* the
thing depending on them. So given:

A -> B, C
B -> D, E

The ordering in the cache path for A will be:

B, D, E, C

when actually what I want is:

D, E, B, C

Any ideas how I fix this? Shouldn't the ordering in general be what I
want rather than what is currently implemented?

2.0 alpha 2

Thanks!

andy