ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Problems with cache resolution
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:00:48 GMT
At 06:28 09/10/2007, Xavier Hanin wrote:
>I'm in favor of considering one version as sealed, and this is the default
>in Ivy. But Ivy also supports two kinds of change in a version:
>- change of the module metadata (an updated ivy file), to deal with that you
>have to use checkModified="true"
>- change of module artifacts (this is what you want), this is what is called
>a changing revision in Ivy, and you need to tell it to Ivy in one of the two
>options for that:
>   + use changing="true" when you declare your dependency on the module

Where does this go? I can find zero documentation on this attribute

>   + use a changingPattern on your resolver in which the module is published.
>If all your revisions are changing, you can use changingPattern="*"

Ok so using this seems to work! Do you have an example, its not clear
from the docs how exactly it is trying to match a "revision".

>Note that before considering an artifact might have changed Ivy first checks
>if the module publication date has changed, so it's important to publish a
>new ivy file with at least the publication date changed.

Ok, looks like this happens by default

>Could you tweak your settings or your publishing strategy accordingly and
>tell us if you still have a problem?

Looks good.

Incidentally I am happy to augment the documentation with editorial
content if it would help. The docs are better than maven (not
particularly hard), but still missing a lot of important detail.

Thanks!

andy