ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>
Subject Re: Problems with cache resolution
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:19:56 GMT
Ok, here's an example:

I have a module cluster.evs4j that depends on cluster.api.gcp. I have
built the latter and published it to my shared repository so that I see:

eagle Andrew Piper> ls -l ../../../target/repository/product/com.bea.wlevs.clus
ter.api.gcp_2.0.0.0.jar
-rwxrwxrwx 1 Andrew Piper None 8890 Oct  8 17:09
../../../target/repository/prod
uct/com.bea.wlevs.cluster.api.gcp_2.0.0.0.jar

All well and good. However, if I look in the cache I see this:

eagle Andrew Piper> ls -l /windows/Documents\ and\ Settings/Andrew\ Piper/.ivy2
/cache/com.bea.wlevs/cluster.api.gcp/jars/cluster.api.gcp-2.0.0.0.jar
-rwx------+ 1 Andrew Piper None 8861 Sep 27 11:48 /windows/Documents
and Setting
s/Andrew
Piper/.ivy2/cache/com.bea.wlevs/cluster.api.gcp/jars/cluster.api.gcp-2.
0.0.0.jar

Ok, fine publish does not update the cache. But if I then try and
build cluster.evs4j it *only* consults the cache and *always* gets
the wrong version until I remove it from the cache. This seems like
pretty basic operation to me.

I realize that I may just be making some configuration faux pas here,
which is why I have not raised a JIRA issue as yet. Is there
something obvious I am doing wrong? Should my publish step somehow
update the cache?

If it matters ivy.resolver.default.check.modified = true
has no effect.
Thanks!

andy