ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Jacob Grydholt Jensen" <grydh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not find commons-lang.jar
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:09:26 GMT
On 23/10/2007, ekta goel <ekta.29june@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am running build.xml given in the quick start tutorial provided on the
> site.
> I got problem t this line :
> <ivy:cachepath organisation="apache" module="commons-lang" revision="2.1 "
> pathid="lib.path.id" inline="true"/>
>
> I dont have net on my system and I copied commons-lang.jar at the same
> location where build.xml is present.
>
>  I want to ask two things:
> > Internet is necessary to work with ivy.

No, internet access is not a requirement, but access to some kind of
repository is necessary. If you want to play with the Ivy examples, I
suggest you go online.

> > If I want to copy commons-lang.jar(on which there is dependency) where
> should i copy it. Where do I found other file also like ivy.xml.
>  which it tries to download

Basically, you will need to download the dependencies into a local
repository and create an ivysettings file that points to the local
repository. I think the install-task will work well for this scenario.
However, I do believe you will be better off trying out ivy when
online rather than going through these hoops.

                                  Jacob