ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "John Gill" <llign...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: resolving java source files using IvyDE
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 01:21:39 GMT
It is possible to "attach" the source jars to the class jars in ivyDE. The
trick is to ensure that the name of the source jar is the same as the class
jar.

If your class jar is called "myjar.jar" then name your source jar "
myjar.src.jar" and then define both the class and source jar in your
ivy.xmlfile like so:

<artifact name="myjar"           type="jar" />
<artifact name="myjar"           type="src" ext="src.jar" />

Then make sure that ivyDE is configured to accept the type "src" as the
source types.

The same trick works for javadoc as well (although I don't tend to find this
as useful, unless perhaps you don't have the source code jar).
<artifact name="myjar"           type="javadoc" ext="zip" />

If the source jars and javadoc jars are from a third party and not names
appropriately, then what I do is rename them and put them in your own ivy
repository.

--
Regards,
John Gill