ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Richard Suematsu <richa...@syncadd.com>
Subject Basic questions
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:42:54 GMT
Hi,

I have some basic questions in trying to understand Ivy.  I've never
used Maven.

I'm trying to setup my own repository and I'm copying from ibiblio using
the ivy:install command.  In copying over files for the Batik project, I
looked in the pom for version 1.6 and it didn't define any
dependencies.  Looking at version 1.6-1, the pom defined some
dependencies.  Also, I noticed a project that I use (I can't remember
which), forced v2.0 of commons-lang even though 2.3 is still compatible.
So when I do a build on my project, I get both versions of jars in my lib.

I'm not sure how to ask this question, but can I trust what I find in
the maven repository?  Should I modify dependencies I think are wrong or
is it generally correct and if I find a jar that specifies only
commons-lang 2.0, it really should only be 2.0?

One more question, most of the Batik project copies over fine, but 2
pieces didn't.  This is the command I used:

<ivy:install organisation="batik" module="batik-rasterizer-ext"
revision="1.6" from="ibiblio" to="local-repository" />

I get a "Problem happened while installing modules - see output for
details", but there's nothing in the output that shows any errors.  I
also get this for batik-squiggle-ext.

Thanks,
Rich