ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Richard Suematsu <richa...@syncadd.com>
Subject A little more info
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 03:12:46 GMT
I'm sorry for putting this out in pieces.  I never did maven before and
I'm just starting Ivy so this is still voodoo to me.

Anyway, one of my projects uses fop 0.20.5.  It has a "optional"
dependency to jai_codec.  In the maven repository, there are no jars for
the jai_codec.  There are xml and pom files, but no jar.  So I have a
couple of questions.

First, should the jar be in there?  Is this just a mistake, or is it
intentional?  I seem to remember the JAI project having native code and
therefore must be installed, but I might be mixing that up with Java 3d.

If the dependency is optional, why does my build break if it can't find
the jar?

Thanks,
Rich