ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject IVY DE and use origin flag
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:29:14 GMT
I've modified my ant build to use the useOrigin flag when retrieving the
dependencies.   This allows me to bypass the cache when retrieving local
dependencies.  I was having an issue where my cache would not update
when I was adding new snapshots to my local repository.

IVY DE doesn't support this though.  E.g. when I generate my classpath
container it is basing it strictly off the cache.    Is there any way
around this that is maybe undocumented?

I basically use ivy to :

1)       resolve dependencies

2)       copy them to myproject/libs

The only workaround I can see is to do 1 & 2 and the create a custom ant
task to generate an ecipse path file which includes the contents of "2".

Ruel Loehr

Configuration Management

Pointserve, Inc.

110 Wild Basin Road