ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Loehr, Ruel" <rlo...@pointserve.com>
Subject RE: IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 20:24:03 GMT
Perfect.   This is exactly what I was looking for.   I'll give it a shot
on Monday.

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Hanin [mailto:xavier.hanin@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 13, 2007 2:08 AM
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: IVY DE - multiple projects in eclipse, managing preferences

On 10/11/07, Loehr, Ruel <rloehr@pointserve.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to setup my projects such that:
>
> 1)  I can check out into eclipse after setting up ivyde
> 2)  Resolve my classpath
>
> And have everything work with very little user configuration.
>
> My current snag is with setting the user preferences.    Say I have 5
> projects (a,b,c,d,e) and each one has a settings file,
> ./settings/org.jayasoft.ivyde.eclipse.prefs
>
> #Thu Oct 11 09:11:32 CDT 2007
> acceptedTypes=[inherited]
> eclipse.preferences.version=1
> instance/org.eclipse.core.net/org.eclipse.core.net.hasMigrated=true

ivy_conf_path=file\:/C\:/eclipse33/eclipse/workspace/snm-trunk/config/iv
> y/ivyconf.xml
> javadocTypes=[inherited]
> retreive.pattern=none
> sourceTypes=[inherited]
>
> Is there any way to not have the ivy_conf_path hardcoded to an
absolute
> value?  This file gets checked into source control and developers have
> there eclipse location in different areas.    I've tried making it a
> relative path, but no luck.

You can use relative path, but it's not documented except in JIRA, so
your
only option is to ask :-) Next version of IvyDE will explain this
directly
in the preferences window.

So here is how you use relative paths for the ivy settings path (still
called ivyconf path):
file://./path/relative/to/project/directory/ivysettings.xml

Note the dot after the double file://

HTH,

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/