ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Maarten Coene <maarten_co...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:56:22 GMT
Another solution which will be probably easier to implement than IVY-399 is to split the cache
in 2: 1 cache for the downloaded data and 1 cache for the resolution results. If we make the
location of both caches configurable by properties (e.g. ivy.cache and ivy.metadata.cache)
you can easily configure ivy for instance to put the metadata.cache in a subdirectory of your
project so you don't have conflicts when resolving multiple projects at the same time.

--
Maarten

----- Original Message ----
From: Xavier Hanin <xavier.hanin@gmail.com>
To: ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 9, 2007 7:19:57 AM
Subject: Re: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)

Indeed, using a lock file can defeat the whole purpose of using a
 single
cache. The main problem is that we handle two different things in the
 cache:
cache of downloaded data (ivy files and artifacts), and cache of a
 module
resolution results. The former is what is interesting to share and less
problem to lock, the latter is not really interesting to share and more
problem to lock. Once again we see that the cache management in Ivy
 needs
improvement, it's one other vote for IVY-399. But this could even
 deserve a
new issue: make Ivy able to use a repository cache shared by multiple
processes. Could you create such an issue?

Xavier

that gives answers, not web links.