ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Jing Xue <jing...@digizenstudio.com>
Subject RE: A little more info
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:07:28 GMT

Quoting Gilles Scokart <gscokart@gmail.com>:

> [...]

I don't have a working ivy installation at hand, so I can't try it
now. But I thought if a dependency is explicitly declared 'optional'
in pom.xml, the ivy.xml generated would keep it in a separate conf?

At any rate, we usually deal with this kind of situation by taking
that generated ivy.xml, modifying it with finer conf definitions, and
putting it in an internal repo so it overrides the original pom.xml.
For instance, the latest log4j 1.2.15 release added bunch of
dependencies like jmx and jms, which aren't necessary if you never
intend to manage logging in a jmx console, or to send logging to a
message queue. So we have a modified ivy.xml that puts these
dependencies into separate confs which don't get activated with the
default dependency mappings.

HTH.
--
Jing Xue