ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From "Frederic Dernbach" <>
Subject Cache and version numbers
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2007 11:53:43 GMT

I’m relatively new to ivy.

While in development mode, I keep publishing artifacts to my ivy repository without incrementing
version number, i.e. the artifact
name does not change.

However, when I resolve dependencies in a project that depends on this re-published artefact,
the latest “version” does not get
extracted, because of the cache. If I delete files in the cache first, then the latest artifact
gets downloaded in the dependant
project. I realize this happens because I do not increment version numbers when the artifact
is re-published.

Still, I’d like to know how can I bypass the cachesince I do not want to increase version
numbers for now (I can always hardcode a
delete cache file instruction in ant, but I would like to get an ivy solution for that first).

Any idea ?

Checked by AVG Free Edition.