ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Gerald Reinhart <gex....@googlemail.com>
Subject From Maven+PlugIn reports to Ivy
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2007 08:12:38 GMT

Hi,

  Coming from maven build, I'm very newbie in Ivy and I've several general
questions.

  I 've got a multi modules project managed with maven2, I can generate lots
of useful reports with maven plugins.

  The build with maven becomes to much complicated, so I'm thinking of
several options  :
      - build my multi modules projects with ant and ivy because it's more
flexible
           => can I directly use my pom.xml or must I transform my pom.xml
to ivy.xml ?
           => how can I build a useful site ? keep my pom.xml and generate
the site with maven report plugin ?

      - use my pom hierarchical architecture with maven antlib for the build
and use maven report plugin to generate a complete site.
           => could be a solution if Ivy do not cover my needs.

Regards,
Gerald Reinhart