ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From mguadagna <>
Subject RE: Extremely Slow to Resolve
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:46:28 GMT

kito99 wrote:
> By the way, why are you switching from Maven? (Just curious.)

In short, we switched to Maven2 earlier this year. At first it seemed
appealing to have standardization, and we were willing to learn what we
needed to make it work for us. We got the basic stuff to work, used many
plug-ins, and wrote a few as well. What we found is that we never really got
over the struggling, though.  The struggles continued every time we wanted
to extend our build process in some way. What seemed like it should take
only 5 mintues, pretty much always took us much longer. The documentation is
so poor, we found we had the learn more about the black magic (aka
convention) than we wanted to just to understand what it was doing -- so
much for the ease of convention over configuration. We opted to go back to
Ant where we could plainly see what was going on.

In a work, Ant+Ivy is simple, transparent, and flexible.  We now get stuff
done in 5 minutes again.

Sent from the ivy-user mailing list archive at

View raw message