ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From mguadagna <mguada...@yahoo.com>
Subject Extremely Slow to Resolve
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2007 18:11:37 GMT

Hello ivy-users,

In our effort to abandon Maven2 as soon as possible, we are trying Ant+Ivy
which seems to be much more *flexible* with less magic than Maven.

I have downloaded and tried the examples of both jayasoft ivy 1.4 and
apache-ivy-2.0.0-alpha2-incubating. So far, they both work just fine on
Windows (with proxy) and Mac OS X (no proxy) and I am pleased with all I am
reading that ivy can do. However, In all cases, it takes an extremely long
time to resolve the dependencies.

For example, hello-ivy takes 13 minutes to build.  And,
build-a-ivy-repository (basic) is similar.

Of course, after first build, when the cache is used, the times drop to mere
seconds.

Is this the normal? I can't believe it is.

I am trying to do things as vanilla as possible, following the install, and
simply running the src/examples as-is (no modification whatsoever, and just
typing 'ant'). And, I've verified my browser can hit the repository sites
and the speed is fine in the browser.