ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From JamesPoli <James.P...@sas.com>
Subject RE: problem with work files created in cache by ivy:resolve (ivy 1.4)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 00:04:09 GMT

As Jim Adams had stated we'd moved our cache to a tmp location to get around
this problem.  Another solution I've been working on is using a lock file to
protect from having two or more resovles use the  cache at the same time.
To "guard" the creation/deletion of the lock file I'm using a Java FileLock
- it acts like a Java object monitor that is visible across JVM's.  It
appears to work but for multiple processes (15) using resolve.  Could there
be something I'm missing?  Should I also lock the publish?  I'm thinking if
I lock too many ivy tasks I'll end up defeating the whole purpose I'm doing
it, performance gains by using a single cache.

Thanks in advance, Jim :super:

Jim Adams-6 wrote:

> We have something similar but our only recourse was to put the ivy cache
> in a tmp location and clear it after every build. Ivy can't handle
> multiple processes accessing the cache at the same time.

%-|%-|:confused::super::super::super::super::super::super::super: