ant-ivy-user mailing list archives

From Mark_Mel...@amis.com
Subject Re: Publish Event Trigger?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:45:27 GMT
"Xavier Hanin" <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote on 09/25/2007 01:54:23 AM:

> On 9/24/07, Mark_Melvin@amis.com <Mark_Melvin@amis.com> wrote:
> >
> > "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.hanin@gmail.com> wrote on 09/24/2007 12:22:12
PM:

> > > Indeed, there is no such trigger, but to publish a module you need
to call
> > > explicitly the publish action, so you can pretty easily call
something else
> > > after the publish. If you are thinking about something like a
repository
> > > event, Ivy is a client side tool, and thus do not provide repository
events.
> > > BTW, to get all modules depending on one module, you can use the
build list
> > > task with the leaf attribute.
> > >

> > Yes - I was thinking about this over lunch and came to this
realization.
> > It is more something I can just call/broadcast as part of my build
script.
> > Although, it isn't such a far-fetched idea is it?  It can still be a
> > client thing couldn't it as ultimately it is Ivy that is still doing
the
> > publishing.  It would be a lot simpler to hook up a generic trigger to
all
> > "post-publish" events than it would be to call it after every publish
from
> > every build script.
>

> You can still define your own publish task using ant macrodef for
example,
> then call this one, and you'll be sure your post publish stuff is always
> called as long as you use this task. It doesn't work when you use Ivy
from
> the command line though, nor with the API. So if you really consider we
> should add a post publish event for the triggers, feel free to add a
JIRA
> issue.
>
> Xavier

I guess I'll see how my build scripts turn out when I get that far.  If
nobody else has run into this before it must not be a big deal. ;)

Thanks for the help,
Mark.
AMI Semiconductor - "Silicon Solutions for the Real World"
NOTICE:
This electronic message contains information that may be confidential or privileged. The information
is intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents
of this information is prohibited. If you received this electronic message in error, please
notify the sender and delete the copy you received.